Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

Technology Wood! (The Process)

In Wood Class at Technology we got given a task
to post on our blog the process of our chosen wood piece we
are wanting to make

The Process


Step 1: I used a ruler,Pencil and A Piece of Wood to make a full size working drawing of my Piano  because I know on how the measurements are going to be on my wood work.


Step 2: I used a Pencil and Ruler to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the Piece of wood.


Step 3: I marked a square line (at 90°) across and using a Tri-Square 



Step 4: I cut off the first Piece of wood using a Backed saw 


Step 5: I then marked out the Joint using The piece of wood I Cut off , Pencil , Tri-Square and A Marking Gauge 


Step 6: I Then used a Backed saw to slowly saw the marked lines on the joint.



Step 7: I used a Chisel, Mallet and a Vice  to take out the wood of the of the sawed joint


Step 8: I Soften the uneven and rough joints using Sandpaper and A Machine 


Step 9: I Glue the separate and soften parts together and wait 30 minutes



Step 10: After it has Dried I then  I Glue Back of the Piano on, wait for it to dry.


Step 11: I Then Draw the keyboard outlines on to the piano with a ruler,tri-square and square

Step 12:  Once I have drew on my keyboard outlines with a pencil and ruler I then build the lid for my piano

Step 13: After it has been built I glue the pieces the (lid and the piece of wood for the bottom of the wood) together.


Step 14: After twenty-minutes for the top to dry The I glue on the nob of the lid on

  
Step 15:  I Then make out an area at the bottom of my piano for the feet of my piano


Step 16:  Once applying the feet of the piano I make a stand for the mid part of my piano for the mini music book can stand on


Step 17:  I then wait for the wood pieces that have been glued on to dry 

Step 18: After the pieces have dried I then outline the penciled keyboard and go over with a fine tip black permanent marker

Step 19: For Decoration I make a mini music book for the stand to make it more like a piano  

Step 20: I make it look nice and presentable

Step 21: It's Done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment